Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
When we were first testing our Newton’s No Gluten All Purpose Flour Blend we knew it had to make a great Banana Bread. Banana bread is a staple of the home baking world and incredibly easy to prepare. Nothing beats a fresh slice of chocolate chip banana bread. This recipe can easily be made without dairy and works with appropriate egg replacer. Remember, softer Bananas are better for Banana bread – brown bananas that are deemed past their prime for eating create much better flavour than their less ripe bright yellow buddies. Enjoy!
- 2 cups Newton’s No Gluten All Purpose Flour Blend
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- 0.5 tsp. baking soda
- 0.25 tsp. salt
- 0.25 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 0.125 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1.5 cups of mashed banana (5 medium bananas)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 0.5 cups of cooking oil or melted butter
- 0.5 cups of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease one 9x5x3 pan, two 7.5×3.5×2 pans, 8 mini loaves pan or a 12 cupcake pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl and make a well in the center.
- Combine wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir until just moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into pans
- 350F for 55-60 minutes for one 9x5x3 pan
- 350F for 40-45 minutes for two 7.5×3.5×2 pans
- 350F for 28-30 minutes for mini loaves or cupcakes
- Cool in pan(s) for 10 minutes before removing and cooling on wire racks.