With gluten-free oats being allows by the CFIA this year, it opens up a great range of opportunities for people who can handle certified gluten-free oats. This is a quick and easy to make oatmeal raisin cookie recipe that can be adjusted to your liking. Feel free to play with the spices and substitute the raisins. Chocolate chips, cherries, cranberries etc. are all welcome.
Makes approximately 48 cookies
- 0.75 cups butter or butter alternative (softened/room temp)
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 0.25 tsp. baking soda
- 0.5 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp. ground cloves
- 0.25 tsp. xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1.75 cups Newton’s No Gluten All Purpose Flour Blend
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup of raisins
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In large bowl beat butter on medium for 30 seconds with mixer.
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves and mix until combined.
- Add in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Add flour and beat in with mixer until combined.
- Stir in oats.
- Stir in raisins.
- Using a teaspoon, make rounded teaspoon sized balls and drop cookies onto parchment lined cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart.
- bake at 375F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- let sit for 5 minutes before transferring cookies to cooling rack.